2008-12-03

These are hard times we're living

Yesterday was a very rewarding day, albeit in ways I couldn't really foresee:
  • One of my favourite enigmists (yes, I'm kind of a nerd that way), who runs a daily section in the biggest national newspaper website, published (under my full name) a game I sent him, publicly stating his appreciation
  • For the first time in my life I've followed a live Internet broadcast by one of my favourite webcomic artists (yes, I'm kind of a nerd that way, too), watching him draw a strip and listening to him cocking about with his "bros", and I actually got him to laugh out loud at a joke I chatted (I'm even more of a nerd, that way, I know).
So, it might be childish, shallow and ultimately short-lived, but I'm going to bask in my self-appointed genius and glory for the next day or two.

On a completely unrelated note, since we're in a worldwide recession, the developed economies are struggling to avoid collapse, and most big firms are axing jobs everywhere, tomorrow I'm leaving for a 5-day, fully-expensed company ski trip to the Alps.

Oh yeah, I've been worse.


No comments: