2009-03-17

Up against the laziness and the toil

So, it turns out that having a blog is harder work than I can put up with, apparently.

Never mind that I have objectively been busy, because I could easily have wedged in a half hour on a weekend to drop a few scattered thoughts. I just couldn't be arsed.

That is, until I remembered a blog post I read months ago, where the author (by now I've forgotten who that was, if I read it via twitter, whatever) argued that while blog numbers were sky-rocketing, thousands being created every day, less than *half* made it to more than a couple of posts before the "blogger" threw their hands in the air in frustration.

So, being the pretentious elitist ass I am, I can't bear the thought of being like the majority of lusers that lurk the intarwubs, and here I am bashing again on my laptop keyboard.

Or maybe I've recently had a big disappointment in my life, and I need to blow off some steam to avoid a complete nervous breakdown. I won't tell.

Yes, I know a shag usually serves the purpose better, thanks, mate. I'm trying that, too. It's called diversification, bitch, and I'm not taking finance lessons by the first prick that ends up on my blog.

So, blogging and sex. Let's see how long I last (pun intended, obviously).

No comments: